Dell vs Hp

By ThaUnknown
Feb 24, 2007
  1. ok i am thinking about getting a new pc but which would be better off going with. Im looking for which would do me better for games.
  2. Amps7

Amps7 TS Rookie

HP Ive always thought.
  3. vuonggg

vuonggg TS Rookie Posts: 18

Either one would be fine, but make sure one of them have a PCI-E or AGP slot so that you could get a video card.
  4. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

I thought you were going to build your own? at least that's the impression I got from your other thread...

5. ThaUnknown

ThaUnknown TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 62

no i said im going to make something new out of something old. And i just want a new one so i could have another one in back up. Im putting one in my room. and the one im going to work on is just my techspot job lol you know.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own. ;)
  6. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 373

Pretty much the same and as in pc I'm taking it as a desktop as looking at one of your other threads. Dell and HP both use India Tech support and build pcs with cheap parts and sell them at a cheap price for lower models but when you get into the mid-high range they use much better parts.
  7. PyTech

PyTech TS Rookie

HP definitely has better qualities, but for games I don't think there would be a noticeable difference between the two.
  8. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

With either one, the warranty extension is wise.
  9. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

you can't just compare brand names in general. you should decide how much money you're willing to spend then choose a few models from each side to compare.

it doesn't matter if the partsare new or used, you are still building your own rig.

do you have any proof of that or is that just your opinion?
  10. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 373

Well yes you can compare brands then look at specs, I would never buy anything from dell again, and I won various hp products myself and love them, havent had any major issues unlike dell. HP is also the largest computer maker in the world and has been around since 1939 on the other hand dell has been around since 1984. HP wins over Dell, but not over all makers in service and well made products even though they are number 1 in sales.
  11. fludlite

fludlite TS Rookie

Best PC

Small store vendors that assemble your PC from parts you select are superior to any of the major Box stores. You select the motherboard,CPU,video,audio,tower etc. and they make it happen. Any cost overrun is still cheaper than HP,DELL or places such as Best Buy and Future Shop.
    by the way Hp didn't get into PC's big until they took over Compaq which had just taken over DEC(Digital). They have always been overpriced (and I got an employee discount)
  12. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 822

Dell and HP are equal in terms of quality and service. I would go with either of them. Just make sure is has PCIe and SATA2.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.