Dell with ATI x700 installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y0ungSavage

I've read what others suggested..prowled the internet for information..

Bombarded Dell.com and Ati.com with no hope yet.

I am from New Jersey which is on the East Coast in the United States of America

The Computer:

Dell Dimension Desktop E510

The Graphics Card:
ATI Radeon VisionTek x700 PCI Express with built in cooling fan

It does not come with the little black power cable box although it has optional power cable instruction on manual.

(File Attachment [Ignore the other brand on the box])

My computer monitor is 17" LCD Flat Panel and it's in Analog

CPU Info:

(File Attachment)

Mainboard Info:

(File Attachment)

Memory Info:

(File Attachment)

I do not know my power supply model but it is the standard one that comes with Dell's E510. I think the max wattage is 305w but I am not sure. I did look at it earlier today.

The problem:

I disabled my onboard graphics card but I did not uninstall it for fear that if it still don't work I won't be able to reinstall the onboard graphics.

I went into the System BIOS and went to Video option-like screen but all they had was Auto and PXGE and it states use PXGE or PGXE (I can't remember it now) unless a PCI Express card is installed in the computer so I kept the option on Auto.

I went to My Computers and Properties and disabled the onboard graphics (BUT I DID NOT UNINSTALL IT)

Restarted my computer..

Unhook and took it apart.

Put Graphic Card in the correct slot and heard a snap so that Graphic Card is firmly in the spot.

When I hook everything up, monitor cable to the Graphic card and start..

The monitor is blank

I can hear the Graphic Card fan spinning
I can hear the appropriate start up sounds and loading sounds
The monitor is just blank

I've tried mostly everything instead of uninstalling the onboard graphics.
I've changed the resolution..to 800x600 then tried to install same problem.
I've enabled my onboard graphics and tried installing the card like that with it enabled..same problem.

I even tried keeping the graphic card in the computer..
Then plugging my monitor back to the original place the cable always was on the hard drive..

The computer starts up but after the initial Dell/bios and boot menu screen

When it's suppose to go Windows..loading..

The screen says:

System Halt
Graphic Card is in system but monitor is not connected to it
Please connect the monitor to graphic card blue monitor connector thing (i don't know what it's called)

When I connect it..same problem

I would have tried the DVI connector if I had one but I don't

Other people who have Dimension E510 said they installed ATI x700 and it worked fine for them and their model power supply unit.

Anyone have any suggestions

I may have missed this, but where is the part about installing the new video driver?
DO THIS
Video in bios should be set to auto.
1.shut down system, remove video card
2.hook up monitor correctly
3.boot system up, let the generic windows video driver install
4.new driver-if downloading from internet:download and save it on your desktop, if a cd keep it handy
5.shut down system, install card
6.boot system up, windows should have a message about installing driver, hit cancel
7.dis-connect from internet, dis-able anti-virus, and close all other open programs
8.install driver and re-boot

4.new driver-if downloading from internet:download and save it on your desktop, if a cd keep it handy
6.boot system up, windows should have a message about installing driver, hit cancel
7.dis-connect from internet, dis-able anti-virus, and close all other open programs

3. Generic? The On Board Graphics? I never uninstalled it, I disabled it so how can I let Windows Video Driver install?

4. I have the CD..the monitor won't work

6. How can I see a message about installing a driver when my monitor won't work on the new graphic card?

if u do as instructed the a driver that will allow the video card to funtion will be set by the computer. once the correct driver is installed the correct resolution can be set for the monitor.

Should I disable my onboard graphics card and uninstall it before I set up the ATI drivers?

Is it safe to uninstall the drivers?

Will it be easy to install if the graphic card is still giving me problems?

I tried to install the driver before putting in the graphics card and it didn't work.

it says ' Setup is unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. Please make sure you have the required hardware or software '

it needs the graphic card but when I put the graphic card in the monitor won't load up..it powers on..hear the fan from graphic card spinning, i hear the computer boot up noise but nothing comes up on monitor.

I may have missed this, but where is the part about installing the new video driver?
DO THIS
Video in bios should be set to auto.
1.shut down system, remove video card
2.hook up monitor correctly

I can't boot up since hooking up to the graphic card won't let me see the monitor
1.Remove video card? The onboard video card or the graphics card..the graphic card is not in the system..if it was I couldn't start it up cause of monitor.. Which card to remove..The graphic card is not in the PC as of now.
3.generic window driver install?
4. CD is handy..
5. shutdown system install card? (Put the ATI card in the system or what? Install what card?)
6. boot system up..install driver (Right there would be the problem if i reached it..if I boot it up..likely I won't see anything on the monitor which is the overall problem)

Are you telling me to remove and uninstall my onboard graphics card?

Other people are telling me that installing drivers is pointless..since my monitor can't get a signal from my graphics card

but you two guys are saying to download drivers?

The setup won't let me continue since when I put my graphics card into my computer the monitor won't turn on when its connected to the graphics card but if its connected to the original spot with the graphics card then it will say

'halt graphics card is detected from my vga and connect it to the appropriate slot on the graphics card'

and when I do it..back to square...one

Monitor is black (power comes on but in standby [orange mode]...normal startup noises..fan on graphic card spins..

I can't install the drivers since the graphics card is not in my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back