TechSpot

Dell xps and install of a bfg 7800 gs card

By puffader
Feb 15, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Dell XPS with 3gigs of ram, 2.2 ghz processor, and it had a factory installed nvida card, a g-force 5200 i believe. The problem is I am trying to install a BFG g-force 7800 GS OC. I installed it into the computer with no problem, but when I turned on the computer the monitor displays no monitor attached. I tried a diffrent monitor just to make sure and its still the same thing. I went into BIOS and all I can do is change the AGP apperture to 256mb which is what the the card is, but still nothing. So my question is, am I doing anything wrong? Is it DELL? I have installed 30 cards so I know the proceedure and have checked all the obvious, I just don't want to assume the card is bad just yet! Thanks...

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,552   +301

You plug in the molex power cord to it? Probably did because I think it screams at you if you don't.

Perhaps your PSU isn't up to the task.

3. puffader

puffader TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 75

Ya, I plugged it in, I can hear that it start up just fine threw the speakers, it just does show me anything but a black screen so I put the old one back in, just fine. I think maybe the card is just bad....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.