Dell XPS M1710

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I posted this question on the dell forums but I guess they are barely active soooo...

I'm looking for a new gaming computer to play Counter Strike Source (and maybe Battlefront 2142)

As the title of the thread states, I'm looking at a Dell XPS....

Specs:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium
2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHZ, 2 DIMM
Speed: 80GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS
Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™HD Software Edition
17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card and Modem
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0
Inspiron XPS, Specialized Support
Windows Vista™ Premium
Intel Centrino Core Duo Processor

Soooo, the basic question is,

Will this computer run CS:S (and run it well in larger games?)?

Wouldn't you be better off building your own PC? It's not very difficult and will cost significantly cheaper than a pre-built one, not to mention you can choose the parts you put in the PC instead of trusting companies like Dell (which use crappy parts BTW) to choose them for you. Check out Techspot's budget\mid-range\high-end PC guides for building the PC of your choice and budget.

If you guys take a look at the machine you'll notice it's a laptop. The 1710 is an incredible machine and I don't think Gateway has any offerings that even come close to matching its performance. I had an old XPS Gen2 a couple years ago that performed incredibly well for a laptop. I gamed regularly at 1920x1200 on it with good to reasonable frame rates.

Wow that dell is a powerful laptop at a good price. Cant believe I am saying this but that looks like a good deal.

Essh, I dont know about that killerlaptops...the website itself looks poorly put together.....

(5 minutes later)

After reading the customer reviews however....I suppose I'll look into it. It seems like the Executioner is the only way to go....

KillerNoteBooks is legit enough and one of their laptops has even been reviewed by Tom's Hardware, which is a respected tech website. So I don't think there is any reason not to trust them.

yah it would definalty run CSS ( my comp runs it perfectly and it is way lower then the XPS) but the XPS is way to expensive i would recommend either building your own or buying a cheaper yet just as powerful one somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back