Dell11A.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan948265

Does anyone know what this file is? It is in my "C:/Documents & Settings" Folder. I recently installed the latest version of WinAmp and a addon called "AnalogX" its supposed to help remove the voice and lryic's from songs.
My security (Norton360) keeps telling me that the file is wanting internet access. Any thoughts?

Here is my OS:
Windows XP Home Edition w/ SP2 and latest updates.

The only references to this is on TechSpot and Neowin.net. And I can't see anything except a reference to a recent flaw found in Firefox that may allow malware.

If you are using Firefox, you need to do two things: make sure you're updated to v2.0.0.5 which is the most current and includes a security fix. And no matter which browser you're using, run scans with your anti-virus program and at least 2 spyware/adware programs, updating each right before you scan.

Do not allow internet access at this point and then not unless you have come up clean an been able to establish the need for it and what is using it.

Since Norton isn't advising of any malware, suggest you do an online scan- Trend-Micro of Panda and include 2 other spyware/adware programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back