DellOSDService for R&T using 50% of CPU

Hey guys, computer started running a little slow so I checked my task manager to see what was up and it shows that DellOSDService for R&T is using 50% of my cpu. All I have open is Opera browser and one tab, settings, command prompt, and task manager. After doing a little googling I can't tell if it's a threat or safe as different websites say different things.

I basically would like to know what it is, and if it is safe to remove. Thanks in advance for any help I get. I'll check back tomorrow!

From the name I'd assume it's something to do with Dell, possibly monitor software. OSD usually stands for on screen display so it's likely some sort of overlay to show dell software.

If you do have Dell software installed then I'd update it first. Using 50% CPU is obviously a bug and an update should fix it. There's also more chance of the uninstaller not having problems closing it if you want to get rid of it afterwards.

If you don't have a Dell system or monitor then it could be malware of some description and I'd remove it.

Thanks! A couple things I forgot to add is that when I had originally went to remove it it had sad is was by some company named Macrovision Corporation and when inspecting it under task manager it says it's language is chinese/Traditional, Taiwan. I don't know if that tells anyone anything

Back