Dell's latest ultra-thin high res Venue 8 7000 series tablet is now available in the US

By Justin Kahn
Jan 7, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Today at CES 2015, Dell announced that its Venue 8 7000 series tablet is now available for purchase. Initially announced back in September, the tablet is the first to feature intel's RealSense camera system and is the "world's thinnest tablet"...

Read more
  2. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Evangelist Posts: 488   +122

Would have been better it replaced the venue 8 pro instead of being another android tablet.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

They look nice enough but maybe they haven't heard yet that tablets popularity is on the decline.
  4. MartyLK

MartyLK TS Rookie

I bought one of these. Wow, what a nice tablet. It isn't perfect, but it's better than a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. It has better style, aesthetics, build quality and appeal as well as having better software. The skin overlay this Dell uses isn't anywhere near as bloated as Touchwiz on Samsung devices. This is closer to a vanilla (stock, unflavored) Android.

The things I love about this Dell are the AMOLED display and the metal construction. It's also very elegant, light and feels sweet in the hands. And I would definitely rather have one of these over a Samsung tab any day. It's also equipped with a 64 bit processor. So when Dell releases Android 5 for it, there should be really good operation since Android 5 was designed for 64 bit systems. The only other 64 bit tablet I'm aware of is the Nexus 9.

I tested battery life and found it to be excellent. From a fully charged state, I played a full HD movie for 2 hours and it had 84% BL remaining.