TechSpot

Delurking and saying hello

By iphigenie
Nov 3, 2007
  1. Hi everyone

I figure before I start a rant about my £$%"^%^£ puters I might as well introduce myself

handle: iphigenie / superiphi / azzurre / zenaide

main computer use (when not working): gaming, faffing about downloading demos and software often out of sheer curiosity, messing around with webservers, networking,wasting time online.

other hobbies: photography, being a film nut, good food, outdoors. simple things, really.

building own pcs since: 1996 - I always think I have seen it all and always it turns out I am wrong.

Even though I play games a lot, I tend to be always 1-2 steps behind the top stuff - I cant see the point to pay through the nose to beta test flaky new hardware. And nowadays 4-5 year old hardware can still perform up to scratch for 90% of anything we can think of doing on a PC. Hence my still having 2 PCs with socket 7 - they are plenty good to play guild wars, wow, and warhammer online and tf2 which is where most of my gaming time goes nowadays. So I still upgrade and maintain these old machines...

which is where all my trouble began...

2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

Hello, iphigenie, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
    Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

It's good to meet you and i hope you enjoy it here :)

3. iphigenie

iphigenie TS Rookie Topic Starter

already done all that :p

4. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

nice one :D

most people never put a location in so i give them the link. personally i fiddle around with things before i use them ;)

if you've read the other pages too then that's a bonus in my books :grinthumb

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello iphigenie and welcome to Techspot.

I`m very pleased to meet you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

6. iphigenie

iphigenie TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi Howard and Dave

Daveskater, I am like you. I explore profile and options before I do my first post.

I cant say that my first post is anything like the example first post - I think I have been far sloppier and managed to have 2 machines "die" on me in a week. Feeling rather foolish and I guess I had to tell it as it is and not make it look like I had been any less stupid...

Anyway it's here http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=527552 and it will explain why my evening has started with trawling ebay for socket A motherboards. I ended up bidding for and winning a mobo for another chip as I cannot resist a bargain.

PS: looking at your pc profiles I will have to make mine more detailed I guess

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.