Desert Combat > The Counterstrike Killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

o7aku

Popularity of this game has been taking off at a breakneck pace.

Who here has played it, and what do you think?

If you haven't played it. IMO you are missing out on one of the most fun experiences ever.

For those of you unfortunate enough to have not played BF1942 go get it (Joystick required for flying, unless u wanna get hosed by the real flyboys)

I have played this, and think it is awesome. It is way better than CS. I stay away from the planes and helicopters because I can't fly them, but it is so much better than CS. I agree for those of you who haven't tried it yet, you should check it out.

If your talking about the BF1942 mod, I played it last night. I love the new jets. As far as the heli I crashed the first 10 times I tried it but the 11th time I started to get the hang of it but just couldn't fly well enough yet to actually shoot anything hehe. I noticed a few problems with this mod as far as single player games such as bots flying in circles over and over again in the jets and not stopping, others crashing the heli's cause even they can't fly them, etc.

One thing about the jets is it's going to make dog fighting extremely hard. It is a pain in the butt to get around to the back of another jet. I tried to get around a bot's jet for 20 minutes just going in circles, doing loops etc, slowing to a halt in mid-air and still couldnt get to the guy, he just kept zooming by me.

It does make for some interesting play though, but it's not going to replace regular BF1942 and Road to Rome.

Heard of the new Black Hawk Down mod? It isn't out yet but looks like it is going to verrryyy nice.

Yes Arris, it is pretty nice. I downloaded the newest .3 alpha version just the other day, and it rocks. You just have to be careful when trying to join a game, you can't double click it, you have to hit join in the bottom right corner. This is just an alpha problem. Other than that the game runs very smoothly.

Yo, I've been playing BF1942 for about 2 months now, been loving it the entire time. I don't have the desert combat mod though. I'm just straight Wake Island, Battleaxe, Market Garden, etc.
Game is awesome, and I'm gonna pick up Road to Rome as soon as I have money to do so!

schizoid77, Road to Rome is a nice expansion. I've had it for about a month I think, though the new mod they are working on.. I believe its called "Special Operations" or something like that, is going to be MUCH better though. I'm definately going to buy it. Ground to Air missles! WOOT! teehee...

Originally posted by schizoid77
Yo, I've been playing BF1942 for about 2 months now, been loving it the entire time. I don't have the desert combat mod though. I'm just straight Wake Island, Battleaxe, Market Garden, etc.
Game is awesome, and I'm gonna pick up Road to Rome as soon as I have money to do so!

If you like battlefield 1942's gameplay and also like modern weapons (i.e. F16 Strike Eagle, Harrier, M1A1, Apache Helicopters, etc.) This is an AWESOME mod for BF1942

and at present it's FREE!!!

It will go retail probably in a couple months, but It is worth paying for IMO

You don't have to have Road to Rome to play it. Just the latest patches for BF1942. After you install this mod (it features a full install/uninstall suite) it creates a separate shortcut so you can play either/or

I love to fly the choppers (Joystick Required) and lay waste to the puny tanks below me! muhahahahahaha

Check it out Desert Combat

Originally posted by acidosmosis
If your talking about the BF1942 mod, I played it last night. I love the new jets. As far as the heli I crashed the first 10 times I tried it but the 11th time I started to get the hang of it but just couldn't fly well enough yet to actually shoot anything hehe. I noticed a few problems with this mod as far as single player games such as bots flying in circles over and over again in the jets and not stopping, others crashing the heli's cause even they can't fly them, etc.

One thing about the jets is it's going to make dog fighting extremely hard. It is a pain in the butt to get around to the back of another jet. I tried to get around a bot's jet for 20 minutes just going in circles, doing loops etc, slowing to a halt in mid-air and still couldnt get to the guy, he just kept zooming by me.

There is also a Star Wars mod in the making as well as a mechwarrior mod (I'm really interested in mechwarrior)

Acid u gotta play online bro! not against da bots!! I haven't played it single player at all. Only online. Dogfighting in an F16 against a MIG29 is a very thrilling experience.. dodging and ducking, looping and spiraling, trying to dump the enemy pilot into a canyon wall on Gazala, AGGH!! I'm gonna go play!!!

LOL.. dude I just tried to play like 20 minutes ago and it got 90% through loading the level after connecting to the online server and it says "Corrupt Data".. wtf? :(

Yea I just realized that right after I posted this message. I've been waiting in line at FilePlanet for 30 minutes while playing a game of BF :)

Ok. I've just installed BF1942, and Desert Combat mod.
Very nice... and I think it will be a lot of fun. I joined a server with about 3 or 4 people, I quickly found out that pistol vs tank/helicopter isn't much fun at all :S

rofl.. yea if you've got a pistol.. its best to either run like hell or... think up something very cunning. You can beat a tank with only a pistol and some grenades but it just takes strategy ;-). Such as throwing a couple grenades under the back end of the tank (most damage on back)... or grabbing some dead guys rocket launcher..

one thing I love to do to enemy tanks is stand behidn the tank so they cant shoot me or anything then jump on top of the tank and terrorize it.. so fun hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back