Desktop PC doesn't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I want to say hello :).

Ok here is what happened.
I pulled out my video card to test it on other PC. The PC beeped and we assumed that it doesn't like my card. We put the original back in and it works perfectly.

Now I go home to my computer and re-insert the card back in.
I turned on the computer but the monitor didn't get out of "Power Saving Mode" and both LEDs for HDD and POWER were lighted. No beeps. The monitor is just black and it doesn't show the "Check Cable Signal" message when it's disconnected from the video card.

I tried removing the RAM. No beeps. I haven't try to remove the BIOS battery.

After that I tried to turn it on again. Both LEDs flashed again for a second and..... nothing.
No fans were spinning. My LAN Card still blinks though. And the motherboard's LED is lighted, which leads me to believe that the power supply is kinda OK.

So final problem is: It doesn't power on and when it was powering on it didn't start or beep.

I think my power supply is fried (again), and I hope I didn't crapped my video card on that other PC.

My video card: ATI Radeon Saphire 256MB 1650 X Pro AGP DDR3
Power Supply: Fortron Saga 450W
Motherboard: Gigabyte
CPU: Pentium 4 - 2.4 GHz

Thanks in advance. I hope to fix this soon or my mother will kill me :D!

any time you change a card, you have to change the drivers. uninstall the old drivers and install the drivers specific for that card. if the computer beeped - that's a hardware error. look at my bios beep guide to determine the problem in the guides forum.

You cannot pull a card with power applied either. I hope you weren't that dumb.

any time you change a card, you have to change the drivers. uninstall the old drivers and install the drivers specific for that card. if the computer beeped - that's a hardware error. look at my bios beep guide to determine the problem in the guides forum.

You cannot pull a card with power applied either. I hope you weren't that dumb.

No, no, no! You got me all wrong :). It's not a driver problem it's a boot problem (probably BIOS).
I already fixed the power problem. Now remains the boot problem.

I said that no beeps are coming AT ALL.
I removed devices from the motherboard (video, HDD, CD/DVD, RAM).
Not even one beep. Tried each one alone - no beeps. I removed all plus the CMOS battery. Turned the computer on - No beeps. Returned everything to normal - No beeps.
The LEDs for Power and HDD Busy were on, during all the tests, all the time.

I think my motherboard is the reason for not booting, but I need to be sure.

PS: Off course, I don't pull anything in my PC when the power is on! I don't want to FRY it :).

it can be your mobo i think
I'm afraid so.

I have read somewhere that: removing the CPU (and all the devices) and then doing something like a short on the motherboard, It started booting again.

Anyway.. I need to get it to a computer repair shop.
Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back