Desktop Theater Speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a combination of a SBlive 5.1 and the Desktop theater 2200 speakers. This is mad untill 3 days ago.

This is the problem. Whenever i watch DVD's using SP/DIF the rear right speaker becomes crackly. The signal still gets through the speaker, although it is clouded by this crackle and pop.
When i am playing games the speakers perform beautifully. If I watch DVD using analogue decoding, they work fine too, This is what annoys me.
So, to some isoloation tests.

1) I changed the speaker around with the fronts, still does it.
2) I changed the wire with another, still does it.
3) I changed the output plugs with the sound card, still does it.

1) It is not the speaker, because it would have done it in the new position.
2) It is not the wire, because the same speaker would have crackled with alternate wire.
3) It cant be the sound card would have positioned the crackle some where else.

What is causing this problem. I only use my computer to play games and watch DVD's.
I upgraded my whole system for smother DVD playback, I bought a Geforce3 for games

Any help is gretly appreciated.

That's the famous driver problem creative is having. There is not really a workaround for it. Some things might help, like disabling DMA of your DVD drive.

No, Your right. Although it used to work. It used to work perfectly. It was amazing. Now it is only one speaker that is playing up. I know SP/DIF works because all the other speakers work well.

The trouble some speaker works too, but just with a little crackling over the top of the intended signal. But thank you for your reply.
Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back