Desperate for email help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My IS department was backing up my laptop which used Microsoft 2000 Outlook and searched for pst files before reformatting my laptop, saving those files to the network. I had two personal folders - one was over 2 years old and it restored fine. The other had all my stored emails and their attachments since 2003 - that file and all the folders are gone. IS was confident that it was not a pst file or they would have found it. Could the settings have been differt therefore it didn't show as a pst file. Is there any way of getting these files back either on my laptop or from the server. I'm willing to pay $200.00 to the individual with the solution that will retrieve these files. I have found a "mailbox" outlook file that shows being a large file but when trying to open it, it shows empty??

Welcome to TechSpot

You should be looking instead for a number of .DBX files in the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\{your userID}\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{7474ACD8-3370-444D-BDF3-DF0EC66FEA96}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

The {747... number might be different per user.

Hope you can find those files.

If you only have .PST files, look here for how to (try and) repair them:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm

You can look for .dbx, .idx, and .mbx files.. those may contain what you're looking for.

Also as RBS said, look into using scanpst to repair your PST files. MS made this program really really easy to use thankfully. Usually, though if the PST files are corrupt they won't open at all in outlook and throw fun little errors.

Hope this helps somehow

PST files are usually created via the EXPORT option; no export - sorry, no pst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back