Desperately seeking help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba satellite notebook M70. I have been having problems with my USB ports. every time I plug a USB device into one of my three ports I get a BSOD error message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP

BCCode BCP1:000000B0 BCP2:00000002 BCP3:00000000 BCP4:8052D4DA OS VER: 5_1_2600 SP:2_0 PRODUCT 768_1

i HAVE WORKED OUT THAT THE PROBLEM IS WITH MY USB drivers. They are microsoft version 5.1.2600.0 and I believe they are up to date.

I have been reading all the posts and I havent found anything that has helped yet. I uninstalled all USB from device manager rebooted and reinstalled but it did not help.

A new camera that I plugged in actually worked but when I tried to use an older device I got the BSOD again.

I can also not shut down my computer without getting the BSOD and a minidump and having to use the power button.

any ideas?

thanks

Nic

If you are SURE it is a driver problem, do a Repair Install.

Have your driver disk handy so you can renew chipset, video, audio and ethernet/modem drivers quickly.

You will also have to then update to SP2 if your disk was only SP1. You will also need to update ALL the MS security downloads.

edit: keep in mind that data files like text, doc, pictures etc will not be lost with a Repair Install BUT programmes will be - any software you have installed and didn't have the foresight to save a copy of the installation executable will need to be reloaded and installed.

Installing usb devices

Did you read the instructions ? What usb devices are you trying to install.
EG : printer---
First You install the drivers and software on the cd,
then plug in the usb cable in a working port.
I don't know anything about cameras so someone else handle that.

Someone else was getting the BSOD message when plugging in his camera also!

Maybe there's some sort of connection there? Its strange that you'd get the same message when you shut down your computer.

Has to be the drivers, use CCT's idea to reinstall the drivers immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back