TechSpot

Desperately seeking solution for a problem since months

By vendetta5
Jul 3, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Hi everyone, please help me with this mind bageling problem,

I have alienware 18 with SLI gtx780, windows 8.
    the issue started when I used external screen to play games using HDMI port. when I re-installed windows because I had performance issues I used the external screen. and now my laptop screen doesn't work when I turn on my laptop. when I turn it on it beeps 8 times and the screen won't work. but when I plug a secondary screen it works fine. now the laptop screen is configured as secondary and the secondary screen is configured as primary. so the laptop screen works only when I set it as 1st screen using the external screen.

changing the priority to laptop screen in invida settings doesn't work.
    I tried formatting and reinstalling windows multiple times but it doesn't work. I tried set bios to defaulter but it didn't work.

please help me with this problem. even Dell service client in my country couldn't solve it.

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,655   +309

3. vendetta5

vendetta5 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for responding,

I tried all before but nothing worked. Fn+power starts Diagnostic boot and eventually shows me Error code 2000-0321
    validation 129846
    msg: LCD EDID- unable to access EDID EEPROM

4. Cycloid Torus

Sounds like BIST gives you a specific error. Sounds like as you changed monitors that the EEPROM was written and somehow corrupted. While some folks have suggested that it could be a ribbon cable connection at the LCD screen, others have thought that the Fn+D helped after several tries. I do not know if these ideas actually work - or if some routine in the diagnotic revised the EEPROM

You may find this article helps. https://www5.nohold.net/Dell/ukp.aspx?pid=31&ruleid=2733

Else, Dell support should - seems like a fair number if Inspirons had similar issues

5. vendetta5

vendetta5 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Dell support didn't give me much help and they still won't. I will check the article but I don't know what I can do if it doesn't help as well :(

thank u so much for trying with me mate

6. Cycloid Torus

"It can't be done. It doesn't exist." is often a position taken by the clueless. Try different avenues into Dell Support with careful description of system, error code and what you have learned about the problem.