Desperately seeking solution for a problem since months

Hi everyone, please help me with this mind bageling problem,

I have alienware 18 with SLI gtx780, windows 8.
the issue started when I used external screen to play games using HDMI port. when I re-installed windows because I had performance issues I used the external screen. and now my laptop screen doesn't work when I turn on my laptop. when I turn it on it beeps 8 times and the screen won't work. but when I plug a secondary screen it works fine. now the laptop screen is configured as secondary and the secondary screen is configured as primary. so the laptop screen works only when I set it as 1st screen using the external screen.

changing the priority to laptop screen in invida settings doesn't work.
I tried formatting and reinstalling windows multiple times but it doesn't work. I tried set bios to defaulter but it didn't work.

please help me with this problem. even Dell service client in my country couldn't solve it.

Thanks for responding,

I tried all before but nothing worked. Fn+power starts Diagnostic boot and eventually shows me Error code 2000-0321
validation 129846
msg: LCD EDID- unable to access EDID EEPROM

Sounds like BIST gives you a specific error. Sounds like as you changed monitors that the EEPROM was written and somehow corrupted. While some folks have suggested that it could be a ribbon cable connection at the LCD screen, others have thought that the Fn+D helped after several tries. I do not know if these ideas actually work - or if some routine in the diagnotic revised the EEPROM

You may find this article helps. https://www5.nohold.net/Dell/ukp.aspx?pid=31&ruleid=2733

Else, Dell support should - seems like a fair number if Inspirons had similar issues

Dell support didn't give me much help and they still won't. I will check the article but I don't know what I can do if it doesn't help as well :(

thank u so much for trying with me mate

"It can't be done. It doesn't exist." is often a position taken by the clueless. Try different avenues into Dell Support with careful description of system, error code and what you have learned about the problem.

Back