TechSpot

Destructive messaging app Confide now easier to use, adds support for photo and document sharing

By Shawn Knight
Feb 5, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Destructive messaging applications like Snapchat and Wickr grant its users some peace of mind with regard to privacy but they all share a common weakness in that they allow the recipient to capture screenshots. Although most apps do notify the sender...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,491   +2,043

It's probably only me but I don't understand the sense of things like this. The message still has to travel from the the source to the recipient, what if it gets intercepted along the way?

3. JohnCB

JohnCB TS Booster Posts: 118   +62

It's end-to-end encrypted. Meaning when you press send, your phone encrypts the data before transmission and it's decrypted on the receiver's device.

Now if that software is audited, or what kind of algorithm they're using is unknown as well as the key/certificate/password generation/sharing.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,491   +2,043

Thanks

5. I don't get this. You can prevent the phone from taking screenshots, but how are you going to stop the user on the other end from using a video camera.

6. MannerMauler

MannerMauler TS Booster Posts: 99   +18

Good point there.....