Detected; Viruses and Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

suby007

Hey I'd pe really thankful if you guys helped me out with the following problem:

I got Kaspersky 7, fully updated signatures.. it has detected:
malware exploit.HTML.Iframe.FileDownload
win32.runouce.b
win32.virut.b
win32.Funlove.4070
IM-Worm.win32.Sohanad.gen

yeah these are all, that the antivirus failed to delete or disinfect or quarantine. and also i cant delete some files especially the email files .eml format. also there is one more problem, the virus has created some .eml files itself also, lots of them. i cant even delete them manually.

please tell what should i do. i dont wanna format my laptop.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.
We also need to know the result of Panda Antirootkit.

This thread is for the use of suby007 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hey man i installed new antivirus(kaspersky 7) and updated through internet. it found more than 3000 viruses. it neutralized around only 150/200 of them...rest it coudn't...after that i had to some work on the laptop and then i shut it down... now today I started the laptop and guess what C drive formatted and then i reinstalled windows by formatting c drive...now when the windows boots the computer gets slow too slow may be because of the viruses in drive D:. please tel what should i do noww...i cant format because there are some important email files and office documents on it.

will it be opkay if i took out the laptop HDD and then connected to my desktop PC through USB? is my desktop going to be safe??? please respond ASAP all my office work is on my laptop.

name of viruses are listed in the previous post.

I suggest you backup your important files from drive d, then format it.

Then, reformat your c drive and reinstall.

Hopefully, that`ll solve your problems.

You could connect the drive to another computer, but there`s a risk of it infecting the other computer, depending exactly what infections may be present.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of suby007 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back