TechSpot

Detecting Sata Hdd

By brinix
Oct 5, 2005
  1. Ive just built my 1st pc i went to install the OS and it told me that my hdd were not connected to my pc, it would only detect the hdd if i used the RAID function (i dont want to use this feature). I have 3 SATA hdd in my pc. when i go into my computer it tells me there is 1 hdd. My motherboard is GIGABYTE
    GA-K8N Pro-SLI skt 939 nforce4 chipset. Please help ive been trying to sort this out for a week now. :confused: :confused:

2. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 830

In order for Windows Setup to detect your SATA hard disks, you'll need to press "F6" when Setup is loading, then insert a driver disk for your SATA controller. Usually your motherboard CD will have a driver disk creation utility for this purpose.

3. brinix

brinix TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ive Tried That, It Still Didnt Work, Ive Later Found Out It Was My Version Of Windows, I Have Sorted This Problem Now, But Many Thanx For Your Reply

4. Peerob

Peerob TS Rookie Posts: 68

dont you have to mess about with the integraed preipheral settings in bios?
    I never used the f6 function. I just plugged in changed bios and away we went! :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.