Determining what version Via 4:1 drivers are installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudshark

How do you find out what version of the VIA 4in1 drivers are
currently installed on a PC??
The Microsoft driver / file version numbers seem to have no relationship
with the VIA driver version numbers.... so how can you tell?

I know ... the obvious answer is just install the latest
ones and be done with it. BUT it doesn’t answer the question

Originally posted by Mudshark
How do you find out what version of the VIA 4in1 drivers are
that are currently installed on a PC??
The Microsoft driver / file version numbers seem to have no relationship
with the VIA driver version numbers.... so how can you tell?

I know ... the obvious answer is just install the latest
ones and be done with it. BUT it doesn’t answer the question

You can also go to device manager and look at the busmastering driver info and compair it to the latest ones. And the hard drive controllers. New drivers can be found at the following,

www.viatech.com

Nope..... thanks..but I've tried both of these things. Still different
numbers. This is for a guy I know..... I've looked, but whoever installed
the drivers, got rid of the evidence... (the obvious folders and stuff)

BTW..... Thanks for fixing the subject line uncleel !!!

ViaHardware FAQ

How can you tell if the VIA 4 in 1 drivers are installed? When I go to properties and look at the driver details all the drivers are microsoft 4-23-1999 not Via. Is this correct?
This problem is fixed in the latest release of the VIA 4in1 drivers - download and install the latest VIA drivers and all will be fine...

How do I uninstall the VIA driver(s)?
The VIA driver should be uninstalled using the VIA install program that was used to install the drivers. This will allow you to selectively uninstall the different VIA drivers from your system. Note that when the VIA IDE bus mastering driver has been uninstalled it may still be reported as being present on your system under Windows 98. However, to verify that it has been uninstalled, run regedit and look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, System, CurrentControlSet, Services, Class, hdc. In the folders 0001 and 0002 you should find a reference to PortDriver. If this is set as "ESDI_506.pdr" then you are using the original Microsoft Windows IDE drivers. See the VIA official FAQ for more information.

Via Official FAQ

Question:
How can I tell what VIA drivers I have installed?

Answer:
Open Start - Run and type in "regedit" (without the apostrophe marks). Double clikc HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE and check the listing under VIA and/or VIA4in1Driver.

NOTE:you do not need to uninstall the previous drivers before installing new ones....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back