Detonator Drivers & ASUS V8200 Ti200

Status
Not open for further replies.

si007

My Brain Hurts!!

I don't get it........I really don't get it. I decided to try some different drivers today for my ASUS V8200 Ti200 GeForce 3. After going through the uninstall/install procedure (which I know how to do properly) I checked to make sure everything was fine, which it was, and then decided to test them out on Rally Championship Xtreme. To my horror (OK that's a bit dramatic!!) when it got to the race start screen, the background was all black and the car was all white and washed out. I tried others (22.80, 23.11 and 27.42) but all had the same effect. I eventually went back to using the ones that came with the card (21.81) and all was fine. Why does this happen and does it mean that I cannot use Detonators? I also didn't notice any real improvement in frame rates or quality and my benchmark came out lower. So, can some kind person explain to me what is going on? The Dets used to work fine for me when I had my GeForce 2 but now even GTU doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for your time.

Si

Pentium III 933MHz
Windows Me
Abit BX133-Raid
ASUS V8200 Ti 200 GeForce 3 (21.81 Drivers)
12&30 GB Hard Drives
Sound Blaster Live Value
DirectX 8.1

I have experienced the same issue with my Leadtek Winfast GF3. I get freeze ups with all detonator drivers except for 22.80's. I dont know why but these are the only drivers that work for me correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back