Deus Ex Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNCPapa

TS Special Forces
Is it me or is this demo just horrible? The game is totally inefficient and doesn't look good enough to run so poorly. Anyone else given this thing a try yet? Did you have similar experience as mine? I was only able to tolerate about 3 minutes of this thing, but maybe I'll force myself to give it another try later - when I'm drunk or something.

You definitely should download the tweaking utility. It made the controls much more like dx1 (IE take away mouse lag). Also turning off Bloom in the video options makes the textures much sharper. But yea, the demo is not so hot. I had to go back and play dx1 to feel better.

i was very dissapointed with the demo aswell....putting the graphics and physical performance aside i think its great, a good continuation of the original game.

but the graphics are incredibly apalling, i couldnt play it for more than 10 mins.

if you could give us a link for the tweaking tool that would be great, as i cant stand the game at the moment and i really dont want to end up hating it.

cheers

The controls are laggy, yes I know you can edit the .ini to take it out, but still...

No more RPG side of things...

You need to rebind keys at every map load & each map is as small as a Q3 one, if not smaller...

No leaning ?

No localised damage ?

One ammo for all weapons ?

I'll just leave it at that...

I played it for about 3 minutes and was pissed that it sucked so much...grafx were dumb, controls were horrible...removed the demo immediately, will not waste my time with such mediocrity...

I also played it very briefly and was very disappointed in both the graphics and the control. I had to turn the mouse sensitivity way down to make it playable. It did not take long getting uninstalled...

man i have this game and wish i can play this game, that sux i cant i have an awsome rig except my video card is not good enough i am hopefully gettin the ati radeon 9800 pro soon, i currently have an nvidia gforce 4 mx 440, and when i run the game it says that my pixel shadders are below 1.1. :(

What upsets me the most is that the pre graphics that they deplayed months before the demo were so beautiful that I almost went to tears. Then the demo came out and it was like i sobered up and realized i was in the monkey house at the zoo instead of with miss usa.

Originally posted by NoisySilence
Maybe the level they put in the Demo wasn't the best looking one. Wait for the final game to be out for the visual part.
Lurking on the ion storm forums, It seems that unless they pack 2 5ths of scotch with every pc version sold, you are stuck with monkeys. I would wait for the patch, but this seems an unlikely thing to fix.

Same here, Deus Ex2 demo run preety bad in my system, i heard full games still run very slow. I am sure Ion Strom never learn form their first game, DE1 run slow until it came patch.
I hope they will soon release a patch to fix this issue.

Originally posted by SolidSnake
i am hopefully gettin the ati radeon 9800 pro soon, i currently have an nvidia gforce 4 mx 440

Just a heads up - two of my machines have Radeon 9800 Pros in them - neither can run this demo well. I don't think it's gonna matter what you throw at it right now. It's just poor programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back