Deus Ex: Invisible War Weapon firing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright, first of all, my comp's specs are throughly over the game's suggested specs. I've tried every combination of settings but I still have the same problem, the game runs completely fine untill I fire a weapon, then I get a sudden drop in frame-rate, anybody know what might be causing this?

The game is very buggy and kinda unstable. Have you tried applying any patches to it (official and unofficial)?

If I might add some general comments, and things to do/try…

Questions:
  1. For your stop 0x40000080 crash problem: Does it occur randomly? Or do you notice any specific actions that occur just before or around when it happens?
  2. You indicate you have MSI GX620? I found the MSI notebook site here but i'm not finding any driver support on their site! (I click Customer Care->Product Support and all that I see is they say Coming Soon?!)
    >> Where are you finding the BIOS and driver downloads you’re using??
  3. I'm guessing you'll find a tag on the bottom of your notebook. Check the tag on your notebook for the complete model number and see what appears after the hyphen (e.g. GX620-001US). And please tell us
  4. Also Click for how to determine whether you are running 32 or 64 bit windows. Are you 32- or 64-bit?

Next Steps
Would recommend you try (see below):
>> Run Windows Updates
>> Check Device Manager
>> Re-install your motherboard chipset drivers (hoping we can find them for your MSI notebook!)

Windows Update
Make sure you’ve applied all Windows critical and hardware optional updates.
>> It's not clear from your post if you already have but is good to double check all needed updates have been applied.
>> Make sure all your hardware is connected and powered on.
>> Run Microsoft Update and click Custom Update. Be sure to install all critical and hardware optional updates (software optional are up to you)

Check if Device Manager is Reporting any Problem Devices
Follow these steps to see if Device Manager is reporting any "Problem Devices" after you boot and prior to the blue screen crash (i.e. devices with status= an error code)
  • First make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

MSI Chipset drivers
I prefer we get these from MSI if possible. I don't understand why they don't have support and drivers listed for your MSI notebook model! I was going to contact MSI myself (given contact info i found on their website) but then saw they will only talk to the registered product owner
>> Could you try contact MSI to ask them where the heck the driver downloads are for your computer?? It would be useful to see what MSI is offering for driver downloads even if we decide to recommend you download/use something else​

FAT vs NTFS
When it comes to computers, the only thing for 100% certain seems to be that nothing is 100% for certain! That said, I agree with B00kWyrm, that it’s very, very unlikely that FAT vs NTFS is part of your current problem.

But I'll add: Once all all your other problems are fixed, you should consider whether you should convert your disk drive from FAT to NTFS (for reasons not-related to your currrent problems)
  • Pro: NTFS is a more robust and flexible filesystem then FAT
  • Pro: All your computers can read and share an NTFS formatted drive
  • Con: Some devices (e.g. some gaming and media devices) may require FAT if you want to share the disk drive with them. So also good to check all your device requirements before converting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back