deus ex slow down question

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all,
new to this site, so hello everyone, and happy 4th.

my question is regarding deus ex. i have GOTY edition bundled with creative audigy xgamer. the game is 1.112fm patched. all settings maxed out, and i'm only using quick save.

my specs-- athlon950mhz, 256mgb sdram, k7v asus moboard, via 4in1.440drivers, geforce3 64mgb, nvidia 29.42drivers, audigy xgamer audrvvxd driver update, pcp3patch playcenter patch and nmdrv update for playcenter. not running anti virus in background.

it seems like this game has a vicious memory leak or something. every 10 mins during the game (often after level loads) the game slows to a crawl, and i have no choice but alt-tab out and restart.
i have the specs to run this game smoothly, so the problem seems to be something about the game and my system.

i played deus ex when it first came out, and this same thing happened. i seem to remember that a patch helped it. yet i have the most recent official patch for my goty edition, so why is this problem happening?

i am running it in d3d mode, not open glide. nor am i using software rendering.

from what i have read online, this slow down problem hasn't really been addressed specifically.

any suggestions anyone?

thanks.

pepper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back