TechSpot

Developers use Oculus Rift and GoPro cams to let you view real life in third-person

By Justin Kahn
Jul 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Some game developers opt for a first person view angle in their projects in order to, at least in part, better immerse the player into the fictional world. However, a different kind of development team out of Poland is essentially...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,149   +1,423

This may not always be an enjoyable experience due to shaky and too fast recording, like this crazy ball that will guarantee nausea to anyone watching its record.

3. I'm so bored I need to watch myself from behind...

Seriously? What about when you need to take a dump? Watch it come out? ewwwww.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,548   +2,894

You are bored to think up that comment!

Polonsky_Alex likes this.
  5. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 620   +118

I always thought it would be easier to just strap a little camera to one of those remote control helicopters and have it track an ir beacon, marker or special pattern that you wear on your person.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  6. theruck

theruck TS Booster Posts: 104   +20

I wonder why there is every week a news about oculus. its more like an advertisement than showing actually something useful or interesting or new

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +2,033

Cool. Now instead of just playing GTA I can be GTA, just give me a piece, I'll paint the aiming reticle on the camera lens myself.

8. Hortt_Loloev

Hortt_Loloev TS Rookie

Why!! Isn't world beautifull with your first person view??
    I find it kinda ridiculous...

9. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,536   +2,332

For the more modern folk, this presents an opportunity for perpetual selfies.

Ranger12 likes this.
  10. Bubbajim

Bubbajim TS Addict Posts: 142   +57

For the dude reacting to this with cries of "Why?!":

Why not? They own the tech, they apparently have the time. Yes, it doesn't really achieve anything, but neither does your posting on this website. It's meant to be fun - remember what that is?

11. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,548   +2,894

If that were the case you might want to use something smaller, like Google Glass instead of Oculus Rift.