Device manager missing driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stantheman

J. here's the situation my PC has an AMD 3200 plus 939 socket processor and an asus a85nx motherboard with nvidia nforce4 and it runs Windows XP home I do not have the original disk that came with my motherboard but I got an asus disk ans a nvidia drivers disk at the local shop. the problem is when I go in to device manager and look at a hardware half way down the list there is a yellow ? It says the drivers for this device are not installed code 28 and if I check the properties it says the location of the missing drivers of the PCI bus I'm not really sure but I think that this device is what's not letting my limewire create a portal i can get Internet I can get online even my battlefield2 online works

so can someone please help any info would be appreciated

thank you i will try,if anyone else has something to offer please do so

and for anyone else seeing this my motherboard model is a85nx

well i looked but i found nothing maybe i'm just missing it somewhere, i would be glad to give out all the specs of my pc if anyone can helpmotherboard is a asus a85nx with a nvidia nforce4 chipset

The disk you got from the shop is the wrong one as it does not have the drivers you need on it. Either go back to the shop and ask for the right one or locate your board on the Asus site and follow links through support to download to drivers. I would do it for you but as you have not shown your home country..................

Perhaps you mean Asus A8N5X. The model number you gave doesn't seem consistent with Asus' numbering scheme. If so, go back to the link that sghiznaneck provided and key in the corrected motherboard model. I already found the chipset drivers you need there but Asus' website won't let me give a direct link to it.

still cant figure it out

well you were right i had my model number wrong but i still cant figure it out because at the location of the missing driver is supposedly on the pci bus and at first i thought that was what was keeping my lime wire from working properly but now my limewire is working and i havent even found the right way to solve this issue so i had to have been wrong in the firstplace???

so a quick recap: live in canada, missing driver, location on pci bus,motherboard make and model asus a8n5x (hope that was right lol i already forgot while i was typin) chipset is nvidia nforce4 and pinset for cpu is 939. i think that covers it??? for real if anyone can help me out or post an exact link for the right driver..... I'd owe you a coke lol

As I said before, I cannot link you directly to the driver site because the Asus website won't let me. I've tried! Nonetheless, it's not difficult to navigate.

Click on sghiznaneck's link. That takes you to a page on Asus' website. To the right, see where it says, "General Download?"

Where it says, "Select Product," select "Motherboard."

Wait a few seconds for the screen to refresh.

Where it says, "Select Series," select "Socket939."

Wait a few seconds for the screen to refresh.

Select your model motherboard from the list provided and click on Search.

Now click on the Driver tab.

I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

Goto Nvidias website and load the latest chipset drivers. This will fix your problem.

Here is the link download and install:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_win2k_6.86.html

the pci bus is a chipset driver which you said is a nforce4 chipset

ps: you can get all your drivers (latest best) from the internet. I suggest once you get them all, put on a cd for later use if needed.
video:
asus mobo drivers : niconboard sound: chipset(sometimes): SATA Raid
sound card: if added
chipset: Nvidia nforce4
modem: Please tell me you dont have one :)

One Cold Coke please!

well bad news i followed your link and downloaded and intalled what it said but when i restarted my pc and checked device manager it still said the same thing that there is a driver missing on my pci bus this is a complete mystery to me??? i'm not sure what it could be at all now

yea tried it nothin seems to work, what exactly runs off the pci bus cause everything that i use is working it's just that it says that there is a driver missing is there any way to trouble shoot to narrow down what it could be specifically???? cause like i said before device manager just says that the location of the missing driver is on the pci bus and is that the same as my pci express bus????
any help is appreciated

It is remotely possible that there is an incompatibility issue with the Asus board and the graphics card. I suggest that you replace the graphics card - you may have a case for a warranty replacement - with something made by Asus (they make good cards too).

well my graphics card works properly and the drivers for both of them are installed it says so right in device manager this is something else??????? thanks for trying though everyone

Driver sets often comprise of several elements - my guess it is that it is a component causing this - and if not graphics related it is motherboard. Did you ever get the right drived CD from the place that sold the board?

no i got the board from a friend and he didnt have the disc i had a guy a a local computer shop make me the disc that i used, maybe this will change something though? i just swapped all the guts out of my old case and put them in my new case. when it was in my old case there was no problem this"missing driver" has only appeared since i swapped cases HMMM i wonder if it could be something to do with this new case the case is an asus vento 3600 any ideas?????

The case itself does not need any drivers - but things like front panel connections might be the cause of this now you have narrowed it down a bit.
Try disconnecting the connections to front panel ports such as USB, Firewire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back