Dhcp Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itmaster007

Hey!

While Trying To Get Internet Access Through My D-link Router. It Cam Across A Few Problems.
The Router Says It Is Connected And Onm-line To The Internet And When I Connect It With A Ethernet Cable With A Static Ip The Interent Works, But When I Use Ith With The Supplied Wireless Dongle With A Static Ip Nothing. I Have Tried Automaticaly C0nfigure Ip Box But It Just Keeps Saying Aquiring Network Adress And Restarting The Procedure.

I Thought Is The Dhcp On? Help Would Be Appreciated!

You should really fix that shift key of yours. You know, many people, including me, simply ignore or dislike people who can't type or spell or grammar.

Did you read the router and the dongle manuals about how to set up wireless? Just plugging in the adapter is not going to work.

itmaster007 said:
The Router Says It Is Connected And Onm-line To The Internet And When I Connect It With A Ethernet Cable With A Static Ip The Interent Works, But

When I Use Ith With The Supplied Wireless Dongle With A Static Ip Nothing. I Have Tried Automaticaly C0nfigure Ip Box But It Just Keeps Saying Aquiring Network Adress And Restarting The Procedure.

I Thought Is The Dhcp On? Help Would Be Appreciated!
Each adapter has the setting for static vs dhcp.
If you allow static addresses, you take responsibility for getting all the settings
correct to match those of your router.

If you would use DHCP, then the router would configure the device as it
connects.

take your choice ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back