Dhcp

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer, which uses xp, now takes 3-4 minutes to reboot whereas it only took around 40 seconds to boot up before. Haven't got any idea what could have happened but I did notice that under System in Event Viewer under System Tools that I have an error with Dhcp. The exact error reads as such:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1007
Date: 11/8/2003
Time: 7:57:37 PM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address 00038A000011. The IP address being used is 169.254.101.152.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem -- I haven't got a clue on what to do.

Joyce

this isn't a problem - your machine is set to use DHCP (To shout out to a DHCP server to assign your machine an IP address so it can use the network) and of course there isn't one there.

Eventually, this times out and your machine's own TCP/IP stack assigns you an address from an internal pool, just to keep things happy.

If this is annoying you, and you aren't using the network connection, then manually set an IP address of 192.168.0.1 according to the instructions realblackstuff has posted.

Or you can also deactivate the LAN connection altogether.

Right-Click on Network Neighbourhood then choose Properties. Right Click on "Local Area Connection" then choose Deactivate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back