DI-624 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I've joined this netwrok in the hope that someone can help me sort out my wireless network. I estimate I've spent 20 hours tryig to fix it and now my girlfirend thinks I'm a freak.

I have a D-Link DI-624 router. I have used it happily for 6 months and then suddenly it stopped working. I used the reset key to try to resolve the issue but now cannot use the router at all. I cannot connect to the configuration site (I'm not even sure that's the right name) at 192.168.0.1 and therefore cannot attempt to sort out the network configuration. I have been through the technical support site (a number of times) and cannot seem to solve the problem. The closest I have come is to have connected to teh router using set IP address (192.168.0.5) and when loading 192.168.0.1 I got the message 'Firmware Upgrade'. I downloaded the most recent firmware (D2) and tried to upgrade the firmware (by clicking send), but to no avail.

I am desperate to solve this as I have just got an iPod Touch and cannot use the web facilities. Would realy apprciate some advice!

You should be connected to the router with a cable to access its administration page (configuration site) so you can bypass any encryption you placed on the wireless signal. Disconnect the cable from the modem to the router, and turn off the router for a few minutes and reboot. Now that you are free of the internet you can work on your router. Try to log into the administration page again. If the page isn't there your router is probably dead.

rahunt2001 said:
Hi - I've joined this netwrok in the hope that someone can help me sort out my wireless network. I estimate I've spent 20 hours tryig to fix it and now my girlfirend thinks I'm a freak.

I have a D-Link DI-624 router. I have used it happily for 6 months and then suddenly it stopped working. I used the reset key to try to resolve the issue but now cannot use the router at all. I cannot connect to the configuration site (I'm not even sure that's the right name) at 192.168.0.1 and therefore cannot attempt to sort out the network configuration. I have been through the technical support site (a number of times) and cannot seem to solve the problem. The closest I have come is to have connected to teh router using set IP address (192.168.0.5) and when loading 192.168.0.1 I got the message 'Firmware Upgrade'. I downloaded the most recent firmware (D2) and tried to upgrade the firmware (by clicking send), but to no avail.

I am desperate to solve this as I have just got an iPod Touch and cannot use the web facilities. Would realy apprciate some advice!

Welcome To TechSpot!

Reset router while it connected to power...
Or unplug it and reset it and wait 30 secs to minute.
Connect the router directly to the PC
Wait for a connection to the Router
Delete the cache for your browser prior before doing the next below:

http:\\192.168.0.1
Default for login is admin no password

You should be able to get in, unless something else is going on? What happen to this prior where you doing that had caused this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back