Diablo crash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Thought I'd play Diablo LOD again on a computer I cobbled together from spare parts: 1 Gig Celeron in a slocket on an Asus P2B, 512 MB, ATI Radeon 7000, ancient Soundblaster 16. The first time I play after installing LOD, it works. Ever after the game crashes at random locations, sometimes during loading the very first screen, sometimes after I play a few minutes. I've updated to DX9 and recent (not the latest ATI drivers--they don't work for me). I had exactly the same response with a Diamond Stealth G540 video card--that's why I upgraded.
The only error in dxdiag is something about only software buffers for the sound card. The Diablo diagnostic .txt file says something about that, too, but the crashes are caused by 'error decompressing sprite' or page faults.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Strider

which version of LOD ...
I have found that LOD 1.09 crashes at random locations and for very odd reasons

whereas the new version 1.10 seems to have fixed the crashes ... although it is a tad harder after normal and bloody insane in hell

Aaah, D2, great game, i had a genuine 3 socketed windforce dont you know :)

anyway, do what Tameas said, upgrade to the 1.10 patch, make sure your using latest drivers for your sound card (www.creative.com) and disable onboard sound (if you have it on that mobo)

If that fails, you can try getting a Glide Wrapper for the game, it fools the game into thinking you have a Voodoo 3DFX card (which is what the game was designed to play on)

You can get a Glide Wrapper from here : http://www.voodoofiles.com/type.asp?cat_id=14

Hope this helps :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back