Diablo (the first one) question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strakian

I had some nostalgia recently and played some diablo. I got my warrior to beat diablo (in 10 hours start to finish) and was shocked to learn there was no nightmare or hell difficulty selection... is something awry here? I could have sworn there was a nightmare and hell difficulty in the first diablo. :confused:

Maybe it's B.Net only? Can anyone help me out here?

thanks guys.

No. There's Nightmare and Hell difficulties. I am pretty certain this applies to single player too.

Beats me. I haven't played D1 in awhile though. :)

It's like in Max Payne. You have to complete the game on Normal difficulty to get Nightmare, then complete with Nightmare to get Hell difficulty.

It's not that way in D2 for sure,

Thing is I beat Diablo on norm, saw the ending FMV, but now I can only select 'New Game' like i did before.. but without selecting a difficulty, and it appears to default to normal, because it's way to easy to be nightmare...

I play it at a friends house and he has Macs (it still works.. slowly... who knew a G4 could handle diablo?) and we use 'appletalk'. So we start an 'Appletalk' game and get to pick the level of difficulty...

Question is, is it multiplayer only that lets you select? I'm baffled to say the least...

Thanks for all the responses guys

Originally posted by Shiney
and if i remember rightly you have to do it in a set amount of time or is that d2 ?

Man, it took me FOREVER to beat Diablo I. I took my time, leveled up as much as possible and tried to do absolutely everything.

While I'm sure I wasted probably scores and scores of man hours playing Diablo I, I was able to get to Nightmare directly afterward. I am very sure.

Well, I found a way... I made a 'Null modem Connection' game but play it single player. That way I can import the character (although you have to start a new one) to any level of difficulty.

I think it's the only way to make it work because the 'quests' in single player don't apply in multiplayer... so there's no quest related uniique items.

Anyway, thanks for all the help guys, I recommend everyone go back and give this game a try, I found it strangely addictive, although flawed in many ways compared to the sequel/expansion.

Wow.
People still play Diablo?
Well, acually I am not suprised.
I still play Daggerfall which was released in 1996.
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back