Dialogue a33i

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden

Hi guy

dose anyone know about the fly book DIALOGUE A33I? am pulling my hair out, it as no cd drive, am trying to install window xp with a external cd drive via usb, I set the boot setting to boot via removable drive, when i switch the laptop on the cd drive spins but not able to install windows, I have no recovery disk, dose anybody know a simple way to install windows?

There would normally be a setting in the bios to enable (or move up the boot order) a USB port. You get into the bios by (usually) pressing delete during boot time. It can be other keyes. see your handbook. If the add-on CD is connected when you boot, you will often see it's actual ID in so many words in the boot drive list.

Hi gbhall,

thanks for your reply, I got the laptop in front of me and am in the phoenix bios utility, in the boot setting I have not got boot from usb port, it boot from removable devices,cd drive, hd, or realtek boot agent I tried all of them! any outher ideas?

from Golden

Hi there,
there is one thing I have notice in bios boot setting there a +on the hard drve, what dose that mean?

There would normally be a setting in the bios to enable (or move up the boot order) a USB port. You get into the bios by (usually) pressing delete during boot time. It can be other keyes. see your handbook. If the add-on CD is connected when you boot, you will often see it's actual ID in so many words in the boot drive list.

when I plug in he external cd drive I do not see it in the boot up system in bios but I can hear the drive running, when I unplug the drive the bios still has the options boot from cd drive or remove able device? is there a setting I ned to charge that I missed?

cd drive would be the one. I think. Have you put that at the top of the boot order, save the CMOS, reboot WITH the install XP CD in the drive?

Hi thanks for that, I charge the boot settings to boot from cd drive save settings, reboot , and it still will not recognise the cd drive? cd drive is spinning around i feel like "screaming" am sure it not a big problem but i don't know what?? I wish some out there could please "Help" thanks for your help gbhall!

I am not familiar with small laptops with no drives like that, all I can suggest is you can prove whether the CD drive is working by plugging it into a 'proper' PC and seeing if it can read any CD. Assuming it can, you should then prove your install CD is readable, and that it is bootable also, by putting it into a donor PC and booting off it.

Hi Gbhall,

I managed to solve the problem, thanks,any way, what I did was to install xp on a Toshiba 400 took it out and then place it into the Dialogue, and "Bingo " it worked I was able to download the drivers using driver detective, I did try the cd rom what I was straggling with, a message appeared saying usb device is to powerful unplug device. So am please laptop is working fine now,
Thanks once again!

Right, so the CD drive would be the root of the problem all along. Now then, you will need that CD at some time, so you could buy a powered USB hub which should be fine.

I would also hope that you actually updated all the necessary drivers, both for your attached hardware and for the motherboard, otherwise you may get strange faults way down the line when Windows tries to do something with a Tosh 400 specific driver still hanging about.

If you would take a tip from an 'old head', you would also buy a USB backup drive of reasonable size to :

* remove any disc space limitations
* enable a drive image to be taken for ultimate recovery security see DriveImage XML , MaxBlast (free)
* enable routine daily backups of your important files

Thanks gbhall.

you been extremely helpful! which usb hub do you recommend as I been trying with a usb hub with a 4 connector that was no good still got the same message appearing, also I tried a usb card with 2 usb connector's and It worked as windows found the cd drive and it kept losing I tried this hub with several other laptop with the external cd dive same problem, there nothing wrong with the drive as it works perfectly well with other laptop plus it band new!
Thanks once again for you help! I will download my drivers on a back up cd!

I think the card did not give sufficient amount of power in order for it to work! am sure what would the best one to get?

Strange - as I understand you, you have tried already with a 4-port powered hub? Or maybe it was unpowered ? Yet the drive works in another laptop, presumably without a hub in the way?

When the drive does work with another PC, is it the same cable or a different one, as cables can be faulty or too long? I have no specific recommendations for a product - any should be ok if the hub is powered from the mains. I suspect there is some other problem, and it may be the cable or the USB port on your particular laptop, or lack of correct motherboard drivers for USB.

What is the model of the CD drive, and have you tried someone else's known working CD with your laptop?

Hi, no I the usb hub card was just place in the laptop, on the side of the usb hub there is a 5v dc in, I got this usb from a friend she only give me the card, do I need a adapter to plug this in the mains? The drive is a Samsung, yes the drive is new and work fine without the hub in the way, I use the same cable it came with usb, it not the drive the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back