Diamond Radeon 9550 AGP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, I installed a new (to me) Aopen AK77-8XN motherboard in my computer. I also installed an 80 gig hard drive (newly formatted), a Soundblaster Live! sound card, a Belkin wireless G card, Windows XP SP2, and a Diamond Radeon 9550 video card. I then installed the latest VIA Hyperion drivers for the mobo. With the VIA AGP driver installed, the display turns to garbage so I had to uninstall it. Next I installed the latest Catalyst drivers for the video card. Everything seems to be working ok, but when I open the Catalyst control center, it tells me that the video card is running with PCI read and write enabled and AGP mode disabled. Both the mobo and the video card are supposed to be AGP 8X capable. The mobo bios says that only AGP 4X mode is enabled and I can't change that field. There is a later beta bios that was introduced for the Sempron processor, but because it was a beta, so I didn't upgrade. Any ideas on how I can get this card to operate in AGP 8X mode like it is supposed to?

Try the older 4 in 1 drivers. Also run Windows Update and see if it lists any hardware drivers you need.

Try older 4 in 1 drivers

I installed the version 4.0.100.1190 4 in 1 AGP driver before the Hyperion driver. The display was garbled. I was lucky that I could see through all the garbage and uninstall the driver. The bad thing (or in this case I guess good thing) is that everything seems to be stable. I haven't had any crashes (thus far).

Also, I have been going through several Windows updates - none of which said I had hardware issues. I didn't even realize that a Windows update would do that.

I installed Powerstrip and it too says that I don't have AGP support.

I'm going to download the latest Direct X drivers and hope for the best. Any other suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back