Diamond Viper v550

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello guys,
i hope you can help me... i am stuck...
i installed ForceWare 71.89 for the drivers of Viper v550 becuase on their site Driver for Windows XP does not exist. After i installed the driver the computer works fine, some games work some not anyways but the problem is that when i try to watch any movie, clip or any kind of thing it just crashes my computer, then says Windows has recovered from seriouse error, i send it it The site says Error Caused by Graphics Driver. Well i also read some topics in this forums about drivers for Viper and they all say get Forceware.....
Please Help me to solve this problem...

oh The computer info:
P3 733 MHz
512 MB Ram
Tyan Motherboard

Thanks,
Ruben

OH By the way forgot to add that when i uninstall the driver for video at all the movies play :monkey:

There is a modified nv4-disp inf that should be installed along with the new nvidia drivers. I have to check to see if this card, being rather old, is compatible with the newer forceware drivers. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

ok, so when i check in DirectX diagnostics it says that it is using,,, i tried to reinstall like 3 times and the problem is still there! but when i try to install from mcirosoft it wants a file nv4.sys whcih does not exist, necuase it is nv4-mini.sys.... Will it help if i install like older forceware? Thanks in advance!

oh also i just noticed when i am playing just msuic with winamop or WM player and then minimize them or maximize some kind of "xzzzzz" goes in the muisc while it is minimizing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back