did giantIII mess up my 9800pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biff64

hey i just installed a giant III on my 9800pro 256mb... like it runs and displays the screen but i think it's called artifacting.. well the colours are all messed up and when i launch WoW or and 3d game the graphics are so screwed up and I have a weird coloured line going through my mouse and my task tray sometimes loads and sometimes doesn't. plz help me :(

I don`t really know the answer to your question. Maybe some of our more tech minded members may know.

Did you follow the installation instructions exactly?

Did you apply the thermal paste correctly? I.E only a very thin layer?

Did you make sure you were grounded the whole time?

None of this may be much help to you, but at least it will bump your thread back to the top of the forums.

Regards Howard :cool:

well i put down a even layer of thermal paste that's what it said it might've gone over, but i highly doubt i put that much.
:D

As far as thermal paste goes, it should be around the thickness of a piece of paper. As for the artifacting, check that the card is seated properly. On a one to ten scale how bad is the artifacting? Maybe a pic? BUt i would check the paste application first.

well 3d graphics is a no no barely there and only DNA drivers allow me to boot my pc when its in. also there is a blue square pattern going across the screen perfectly spaced when logging into windows. It could've of been static i was perfectly grounded and i build up pcs all the time just NO experience with customizing vid cards. My card is perfect with no drivers installed... so i dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back