Did I Fry My ATI 9600XT AIW??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdl51

Hello Guys,
Recently I asked for your help because the fan of my ATI 9600Xt wasn't working very good, so I bought an artic cooling device and install it but today when I woke up (always leave My PC on during the night) no video at all, My LCD has the amber led meaning no signal, and just change the video card and turns on normally, please help me, I'm so sad, how can I know if I fryed my card and how could this happen? I install the Artic Coolong because I dont want this to happen, any suggestions, recommendations. Thank you All. :(

P4 3.4 Ghz
4 GB RAM PC3200
PSU 500 W
ATI 9600XT AIW 128 MB (before)
Nvidia GF 4200Ti 64MB (now) :(

As long as you were careful installing the cooler, you should be fine.

I ran an Arctic Cooler on my old 96XT, and as far as I know it's still going.

You didn't drown it in thermal grease or do the screws up mega tight?

Can you test the card in a friends PC?

I really hope it's something simple - I suggested the Arctic.....

I put as much care as I Could!! I put the thermal grease, and do the screws I think normally I did go mega tight thinking about damaging the rubber fastener, but I make sure the heat sink was in correct position for the GPU and thight enough so it wont move, right now i have the card in my hands and looks fine, I disassembly the artic cooler and everything seems that was working fine. Unfortunately I dont have where to test my video card, but everything points that my video card stopped working and the only reason is the artic cooler because I just installed it 3 days ago :(

rmdl51 said:
Hello Guys,
Recently I asked for your help because the fan of my ATI 9600Xt wasn't working very good, so I bought an artic cooling device and install it but today when I woke up (always leave My PC on during the night) no video at all, My LCD has the amber led meaning no signal, and just change the video card and turns on normally, please help me, I'm so sad, how can I know if I fryed my card and how could this happen? I install the Artic Coolong because I dont want this to happen, any suggestions, recommendations. Thank you All. :(

P4 3.4 Ghz
4 GB RAM PC3200
PSU 500 W
ATI 9600XT AIW 128 MB (before)
Nvidia GF 4200Ti 64MB (now) :(

You have such a nice system and a crappy grpahic card. Well I would say good ridens because a system that nice deserves a nice card.

really? I'm planning to buy a new video card, what would you suggest? I have a 8x AGP slot mi MOBO is an ASUS P4P800E Deluxe, but first i would try to do anything to save my 9600XT :) even tough I'm not sure if I should stay with ATI or move to nVidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back