Did the 8 Steps, just want to check if everything is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows would not load so I had to reinstall it to get it to work again.

Anytime I clicked links from google I would get redirected to some advertising sites for random things. I kept getting unusual popups no matter what site I went to. A popup even opened up using internet explorer which I do not even use.

When I went to youtube half the thumbnails of the videos would not load and when I loaded a video or went to any kind of forums, firefox would only load half of the webpage.

Yesterday, my computer started slowing down tremendously so that is when I came to this site. I followed the 8 Step removal process and everything seems to be fixed but I just want to make sure I got rid of everything.

Just so you know, the firstr thing that will be recommended is that you remove [1] of your antivirus programs. You have both AVG and AVAST, you should remove the AVG as they conflict with each other. On a fresh install, it would be a good idea to defrag the HDD since there is a lot of compressing/decompressing, writing.deleting during install. This is typically the worst time for your HDD to become fragmented. How much ram do you have and how old is your HDD, it may be planning a retirement. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back