TechSpot

Difference between DDR3 DDR4

By gex1991
Nov 27, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey long time guys, like 2 weeks haha

but ya to the point, what the the differences and simalerities between DDR3 and DDR4

2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 2,031

you can find plenty of information on this on wikipedia - DDR3

and DDR4 doesn't even exist yet so you'd be looking at GDDR4 which is for graphics cards

3. gex1991

gex1991 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 37

haha i know that much i mean real detail like gold 164-pin 6.4 GHz that kinda stuff, and no wikipedia i need something better than that i kno yall can do that

4. Daveskater

well you're asking for information on something that doesn't exist yet so i don't really know what you want, the wikipedia pages have information like bandwidths and that on them, otherwise just google it

5. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 718

I can say this (not gold plated) but wouldn't DDR4 just have more lanes of information going in and out? I'm sure that's an oversimplification, but that's how I look at it. I remember when DDR2 ram came out, I found an illustration that really helped me to comprehend it better. It showed a 2 lane highway, (being sdram). 1 lane in and one lane out. DDR2(dual data) was a 4 lane highway with 2 lanes in and 2 out. Lanes of memory and command information.

6. Daveskater

pdyckman@comcas, that is a good illustration, especially for basic info on a currently unreleased product :)

if only i could have put it that well ;)

7. gex1991

gex1991 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 37

haha that kid is good

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.