Difference between DDR3 DDR4

By gex1991
Nov 27, 2007
  1. hey long time guys, like 2 weeks haha

but ya to the point, what the the differences and simalerities between DDR3 and DDR4
  2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

you can find plenty of information on this on wikipedia - DDR3

and DDR4 doesn't even exist yet so you'd be looking at GDDR4 which is for graphics cards
  3. gex1991

gex1991 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

haha i know that much i mean real detail like gold 164-pin 6.4 GHz that kinda stuff, and no wikipedia i need something better than that i kno yall can do that
  4. Daveskater

well you're asking for information on something that doesn't exist yet so i don't really know what you want, the wikipedia pages have information like bandwidths and that on them, otherwise just google it
  5. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 527

I can say this (not gold plated) but wouldn't DDR4 just have more lanes of information going in and out? I'm sure that's an oversimplification, but that's how I look at it. I remember when DDR2 ram came out, I found an illustration that really helped me to comprehend it better. It showed a 2 lane highway, (being sdram). 1 lane in and one lane out. DDR2(dual data) was a 4 lane highway with 2 lanes in and 2 out. Lanes of memory and command information.
  6. Daveskater

pdyckman@comcas, that is a good illustration, especially for basic info on a currently unreleased product :)

if only i could have put it that well ;)
  7. gex1991

gex1991 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

haha that kid is good
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.