Difference between Windows XP Pro 64 bit - work at home and Windows XP Pro 64 bit OEM

By Cinders
Oct 31, 2007
  1. Does anybody know the difference between Windows XP Pro 64 bit - work at home and Windows XP Pro 64 bit OEM?

The price difference between the two is about $50.00.

Is Von1 one of those places I shouldn't buy from?

I'm thinking about buying two video cards that have 1GB memory each which would place my total memory at 4GB. To avoid any memory issues I was thinking about installing Windows XP Pro 64 bit.
  2. eroz

eroz TS Enthusiast Posts: 76

They seem to be the same....they are both OEM. the only difference I can see is that the one from newegg includes SP2 while the other one does not say. As to von1 being a legit/reputable seller, I have no idea.
  3. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 872   +12

Thank you for replying. I do appreciate that.

The service pack difference shouldn't be a problem for me. I should be able to slipstream the disk with litttle or no problems.

Anybody else?
  4. aspirulito

aspirulito TS Rookie Posts: 25

Ibelieve the only difference is the version of the CD. The ones offered by Von1 are made for students mainly so they are a lot cheaper... though it is the first time I see them being offered for sale on the net. I believe they are not supposed to be sold like that but at special places like university bookstores.

I am not 100 % sure though.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.