TechSpot

Different BSODs and now reduced to safemode

By Dezza72
Oct 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Yesterday morning I booted my machine up only to get a BSOD a short time later. getting BBcode 1a or 19 and 1-2 others. I tried to run the verifier.exe and when I rebooted, as soon as everything appears to be loaded my graphics now go haywire and the system freezes. The BSODs seem random, I've had one on a shut down.

I was going to try memtest but since everything now freezes after a normal boot into windows I'm reduced to safemode. I can run anywhere from 5mins to 5hrs without a BSOD.

I have attached the minidump files over the last 24hrs. I'm almost at the point where I am considering a complete format and reinstall of windows 7. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Dezza72

Dezza72 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have run chkdsk as specified and everything is fine..

I for some reason couldn't load Pale Moon browser so I deleted it, redownloaded and installed and it just wont load.. I had an issue with a certificate for facebook out of the blue with chrome the day before so it wouldn't let me load facebook, next reboot that issue was gone. Pale Moon issue still exists. I had an official java update only a few days ago and was wondering if that may have caused something. Have not installed any programs. I notice the issue when running firefox on one facebook account playing a flash game, then loading chrome for a 2nd flash game and I believe that's where it blue screens even in safemode. I did reinstall adobe flash for all browsers.

3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,172   +37

Memtest runs before a system even boots up. If you think you are infected I strongly suggest you post on our Virus and Malware Removal forum. You'll get excellent help.

4. Dezza72

I troubleshooted everything until 1am and in the end did a system restore to 2 days prior to the BSOD. So far everything is fine.

Just before that we were getting a bsod booting into windows (different from before) with HIDCLASS.SYS and the only info I found on that was USB.

I did virus checks and spy/malware and found nothing.

5. Route44

So I take it by your first line everything is okay now, correct?

6. Dezza72

Unfortunately not quite. I was testing it last night at a friends place all seemed ok.

I plugged it in at home this morning and booted up, and within minutes, bsod. It's now been stable for the past 2hrs+.

I am now wondering if it has something to do with the razer synapse drivers from my keyboard and mouse as that did not load in the systray since the reboot.

I have not found any viruses or malware. Currently doing a full system scan with MS security essentials and might do one with housecall from trendmicro. An AVG free virus scan found nothing.

7. Route44

Razor drivers are notorious for causing issues.

8. Dezza72

I had the system running from 2pm-1am with no issues yesterday. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest razer synapse 2.0. No bsod as yet..

9. Route44

Good. Keep us informed.

10. Dezza72

No further blue screens. everything is stable now.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.