Difficulty with dual monitor, GeForce 6150, and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
A month ago I built an Asus system with an on board nVIDIA GeForce 6150 chip, and a DVI and VGA port that is being used by two monitors. The display driver version I'm currently using is 191.07.

Here's the issue ... on certain occasions, after Windows 7 boots, the analog monitor's display is fine, but the digital monitor is black with the message "2: Digital Input Cannot Display this Video Mode". I usually have to disconnect and reconnect the VGA monitor in order for the video to display again on the digital monitor. This doesn't happen a lot, but just enough to be a nuisance.

At this stage I'm not certain whether this is a hardware or driver issue. I understand that a newer video driver (195.55) has already been released by nVIDIA. However, before installing the new driver, I thought that someone may have some ideas on what may be behind this issue.

Thanks.

Try Updating the Driver before you try anything else.

Ok, I'll try updating the driver first. Incidentally, in Windows 7 is it still necessary or best to delete the old driver first, or can one just go ahead and update the new driver. I notice that Windows 7 also has a "Roll Back Driver" option in case things go wonky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back