TechSpot

Digital Camera Question

By EnglishST
Mar 4, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I dunno if this is in the right board but i would like some help anyway.

I have a digital camera and i was wondering how many pictures i could store on a The 128MB SD Card along with other memory sizes?

Cheers - EnglishST
  2. Godataloss

Godataloss TS Rookie Posts: 501

Depends on the resolution of your ccd. I have a 2.1megapixel camera and a 256mb memory stick that will store about 500 pics at full resolution.
  3. EnglishST

EnglishST TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

I've got a 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera and would want to use the full resolution for the pictures i was thinking of getting a 128MB SD Card but wasnt to sure how much pfhotos i woud get out of it..
  4. lowman

lowman TS Rookie Posts: 446

It depends

As stated, it all depends on the resolution you set the camera to take pictures at...and on the quality of the camera...I've seen a couple of knock off brands tat cost next to nothing that don't format the pictures efficiently and you end up wasting space.
  5. EnglishST

EnglishST TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

Yeh Cheers, what I'll do is buy a 128MB SD Card and wack it in my Kodak Camera :D and just see how many Pictures i can get out of it....

EnglishST
  6. Godataloss

Godataloss TS Rookie Posts: 501

256mb cards are getting pretty cheap and are virtually bottomless in a 2mp camera. I took tons of pics and short videos the week I was in acapulco and still had quite a bit of room left and you never have to worry about taking your memory out of the camera to store/replace a new one.

As a side note, I took my memory stick the the printing kiosk at Walgreens and made 30 beautiful prints in about 5 minutes for 29 cents a piece. Makes me wonder why I spent all that money on the Epson, inks and papers...course there are pics not suitable for printing at Walgreens:evil:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.