Digital PlayStation games are now available through Amazon's new PSN store

Justin Kahn

sony playstation amazon

Sony has announced that it will allow other retailers to sell digital PlayStation games much the same way Valve does with PC and Mac games for Steam. Reports suggest various digital storefronts from different retailers will start popping up with digital PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PS Vita game codes.

Amazon looks to be the first to have implemented the PlayStation content with the launch of its US PlayStation Network store today. The launch of the new storefront comes with a promotion that will net you a $5 PSN credit with the purchase of select digital titles including Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Battlefield 4 and FIFA 14 among others. According to reports, the credit can be redeemed in Amazon's blowout "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" PS4 game sale, which runs from 11am to 3pm CST today.

We will be seeing physical boxed PS4 titles sold alongside digital versions, meaning some of us will be opting for, at least partly digital game libraries for next gen. Many of the concerns surrounding that were based on the fact that PSN would be the only place to buy games, but now with other retailers getting in on the action, gamers will be able to shop around for deals likely much cheaper outside of Sony's marketplace. However, we have seen some pretty nice discounts through PS Plus membership in the past, so Sony will likely attempt to stay competitive that way.

Permalink to story.

PS3 really dropped the ball for me, I've always had a console along side y PC for games that I couldn't get on the PC, or seemed to be more fun with multi player.. ect. right now I have a 360 for my 6 year old, ( as thats really all it's good for is grade school kids..), but this PS4 is really hitting the marks.. SONY is back on top me thinks. M$ just wants you to be TOO beholden to them and their corp client base..

PS3 really dropped the ball for me, I've always had a console along side y PC for games that I couldn't get on the PC, or seemed to be more fun with multi player.. ect. right now I have a 360 for my 6 year old, ( as thats really all it's good for is grade school kids..), but this PS4 is really hitting the marks.. SONY is back on top me thinks. M$ just wants you to be TOO beholden to them and their corp client base..

I think that MS always wants to be involved with everything to squeeze its balls for money. That greed is what I think bringing MS up to their knees in ****. Their concept of throwing developers a hand full of money for exclusives just doesn't seem to work and on top of that bad product promotion, even though I think the Xbox One isn't really going to be that poor. Best thing MS can do is stop going for quantity instead of quality. Todays market requires quality in order to be bought and MS is in that fact still hanging with its brain in the 90's.

Back