Digital TV / Computer TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweakster

In the UK the BBC have released Digital TV

http://www.bbc.co.uk/digital/

The whole of the UK at some point will have to change in 4 or so years so i thought for Upstairs i would setup Digital.

I want to have Digital signal to my TV and computer how can i do this. I thought about getting a USB Digital device but this would mean computer would have to be on to output through Scart output to TV. Idea would be a power USB plug so i could power USB device to watch Digital on TV without computer being on and plug it into computer instead of power to use it with TV but can u do this ?

I already have Hauppage PCI TV card (no scart on it) if this helps and TV / Computer are 3m's apart.

You could buy one of the set-top boxes for 'FreeView' - or an old ITV/OnDigital Box. Connect that to your TV using its SCART socket, and attatch it to your computer using the TV in on your video card.

I doubt that you'll be able to buy a Freeview TV card for your PC.

Surely you can buy some sort of a splitter that works with digital TV too.

I'm not familiar with the technology used for digital TV in UK, but definently there is a way to use many receivers. Getting an extra box for all of them would be too expensive, wouldn't it?

I mean, many people have several TV sets and they will want Digital on all of them, there must be a way to split this.

We're using Digital TV too:
http://www.digitv.fi/english/etusivu.asp?path=9

15th July 1997 Satellite-transmitted TV Finland started digital tv transmissions for Finns living abroad.

25th August 1997 The first test transmission in the digital terrestrial network started from Espoo radio and TV station.

7th August 2001 The national starting day of the digital tv. The licence holders have decided to start the digital tv broadcasting at the same time.

The second phase of the digital network will be ready by the end of the year 2001. At that time will the coverage area cover 70 % of the Finnish households.

The objective is to discontinue analogue broadcasting in at the end of the year 2006. After this it is possible to watch tv programmes with an old tv only by means of a digital accessory device (a set-top-box).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back