digital video output not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skomand

hi, i just got a dell 20 inch monitor with both analog and digital outputs. i'm testing the monitor out on my dell P4 while i wait for my new system to arrive. my geforce 7600 has a digital input but nothing appears on screen when I hook up the monitor with the digital cable. i was sure to use the monitor's controls to switch over to digital input mode -- nothing appears and the monitor goes into power save mode after 5 seconds or so. (analog input works fine.)

any ideas?

Seems this problem is all over these forums, but no one actually knows what the fix it.

Sorry dude, im in the exact same boat as you, with no clue how to fix it. I even asked ATI what the problem was and they said they didnt know and were trying to work on a fix.

hi ,
When you switch the monitor to the DVI or Digital , do you get the screen which say Digital input self test feature,? Its a box with 4 or 5 colors on it .
try disconnecting both the video cables and then switch to digital input .

If you see that screen , then the monitor is good , if you dont see the screen , the monitor might need a firmware update, ( this is not something you will be able to update) the self test screen means that the monitor is good , but the video card is not giving signals to the monitor .

Check the digital out put of the video card on another monitor , just to be sure that the settings on the card are good. incase another monitor fails to give dispaly, the card might need drivvers update, or some settings is not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back