Dilemma choosing new phone

Hi, I'm relatively new to this forums but chose to join to ask your thoughts and opinions regarding my situation. My iphone 4s has come time for an upgrade and I absolutely refuse to get one of the new iphones, to me they are bland, boring, and have no appeal other than the build quality. So after some browsing and shopping I came to the conclusion on a few smartphones that I would like. After constant research on each phone I couldn't come across an actual decision, so here I ask what you think I should do. Do not limit choices due to price, because that doesnt matter at the moment. So here are my choices:
1: HTC one - I love the look of the phone, the feel of the phone. Its sleek yet simple. The thing stopping me from getting this is the fact that the new one is a few months away, so the hardware is SOMEWHAT outdated. I'd be getting a phone for a 2 year contract so I'm stuck with whatever choice for two years.
2: Galaxy Note 3 - I love the look, the features, and the S pen. The S pen is sweet in my eyes, I could see myself using that feature for so many things. What I don't like is the size. I feel as though people will see the phone and comment, mock at the size calling it a tablet. I also hear that samsung phones are slow or have bloatware (Which I truly don't know what that is so if somebody may inform me that'd be cool too). Would I be able to fit this thing in my pocket, would it be cumbersome.. On the plus side though, I can go get this thing right now and not have to wait a few months.
3: (Wait for) HTC one two or one+ - I could wait for the sequel or the next HTC flagship. The problem with this is nobody knows what the things supposed to look like, and the "RUMORED" specifications aren't exactly too great. The specifications are rumored to be about what the Galaxy Note 3's are. Some speculate a new processor, I'm not sure. Another downside is, I'd have to wait a couple months for it.
4: (Wait for) Samsung galaxy S5 - I could wait for the sequel or the next Samsung flagship type phone. These are speculated to have a metal case etc etc. However, it wont have an S pen which I really would enjoy, blah blah blah.

Well those are my choices, and I ask you which you think would/could be a best bet to last me. Please don't offer any other phones. I'm definitely NOT getting a god forsaken iPhone. Thanks :)

I'll add my 2cents

1) Seems there's always something nicer, better, faster on the horizon... my take: Unless you really know something is out in the next 30days or so I go for what I know instead of stressing on the "next thing"

2) I know several people who LOVE their Galaxy Note 3 - but their all women and have a purse to keep them in. I can't make your decision but you really need to weigh how much you really need/want the pen vs. convenience of a phone that slips into a shirt or pants pocket

p.s. that's why I went with the S4 instead of the Galaxy when I recently upgraded my own phone
p.p.s. I'm very happy with the S4 but will add I also bought and like the flip cover. I also know someone without the "S cover" - and their phone sometimes thinks the have the S cover and "blacks out" into the S cover phone screen

I think you should take the HTC, because samsung has a lot of cool feauture, but in the end, you'll end up not using those future. based on experiences.

Back