Dimension2400 video card trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im fixing someones dimension 2400 for them. They basically ripped the onboard video out by pulling it out while screwed in it seems. They basically pulled the entire I/O of the motherboard out. So i ordered a ATI Rage 128 pro 32b pci video card for them. It wont put out video through this and i cant get into the bios to disable the onboard because the onboard video is broken.

I tried my other video card in it and it does work so i dont get why its not working with this one. Any suggestions?

I tested it in another computer and it works. I put a Radeon 9250 in this 2400 and it works. Its like it cant auto sense this ATI Rage card but it can sense the 9250. I put the 9250 back in and tried disabling the onboard in the bios and there isnt an option to. It only lets you choose onboard or auto for video. Its on auto so it should be able to pickup this ATI Rage card as well but it doesnt.

It probably has compatibility issues with the 128 Pro. Why don't you put in another cheap PCI card instead?

Just checking but the graphics drivers for the two cards you are switching with are different from each other. Are you using the right driver for the Rage 128 Pro?

I didnt install drivers for either. It wont put any video out at all so i dont think the drivers are really effecting it. I really dont like dells this is just more reason to not buy the pieces of crap.

Does anyone know a cheap pci video card thats like around 20$ that will work in a dimension 2400.

You know for sure if it will work, because i figured the other would be ok then the damn motherboard didnt like it. Thanks for all the help by the way.

Well, for starters it'll be new so I don't think there's any chance it won't work. Plus it's not that expensive either. If you have reservations about buying a new one, look for a cheap PCI card on eBay. That way, you won't end up spending too much and if the card doesn't work, you won't end up wasting too much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back