Direct 3d initialization error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new game (praetorians) and recieved this error message. I have also tried to test my direct 3d and recieve error HRESULT=0x8007000e(out of memory). I have a fairly new Hp computer with Xp home edition and a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440-se video card with 64MB of ddr mem. and I am running Dirext x 9. I have contacted HP and they are NO HELP AT ALL!!!!! Please help if you can.

Hi kwvance, welcome to Techspot forums!

Try this:
Run dxdiag, disable Direct3D hardware acceleration, reboot, enable it (not sure if that requires a reboot too).

Thank you for your responses. I installed the new driver found on NVIDIA and disabled 3D hardware acceleration then restarted my cpu. But now I can't enable 3D anymore it does not give me the option to. Now I am really stuck! Any other suguestions? It also says make sure that the driver is the final version. Also when I tried to install the new driver it said to remove the old drivers first but I can't do that because I have to restart my computer for the changes to take place and when I restart it auto installs another driver.

Awww, the joys of Plug and Play. Automatic device recognition and driver installation. :p
If you have unpacked that wrong driver it's trying to install, delete those installation files. Check also temporary files.
You can also try "upgrading" your card drivers to "Standard VGA" card first, maybe that helps.

3d error

I don't know if you remember me or not. I kept getting the 3d error and my direct x would not show any memory.
This problem turned out to be NVIDIA cards do not support directx 9.
Once I reinstalled Xp and got directx 8 back it worked perfect. This problem was solved by BFG tech wich is the NVIDIA support.
Thank you to all that responded! It showed that you really did want to help.
Thx again!:D

No problem, sorry we couldn't solve your problem for you.

However we are glad you got it fixed.

Keep us in your favorites and stop by often ;)

You should be able to run DX9 with any video card as DX9 is backward compatible. I'm running DX9 on my system now and have had no problems. I think the reinstall of XP, drivers, and DX probably solved whatever registry problem you had between them.

I agree with Tarkus, I am running DX9 on my NVIDIA card and am getting a performance increase! In fact, I know many people with cards as old as the TNT2 series running DX9 with no problems. It was probably a registry error or some other common Windows problem, but I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with your video card or its chip manufacturer (NVIDIA). I would try installing DX9 again, after creating a restore point of course. But the decision is yours, and I suppose there is no point installing DX9 unless you have games or 3D apps. that require its support. Good luck with whatever path you decide to take :grinthumb !

Thx, I did reinstall DX9 and it works great. I don't know why the NVIDIA support told me it wouldn't work. You guys are awesome!

Yup... running GF4Go 32mb mobile solution here with directX 9. Often the problems are caused by driver files being installed over previous driver files. If you check out the applications available at places like www.guru3d.com you will find some for removing files that the nvidia uninstall doesn't. Glad you have it all working again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back