Direct X 9.0 C Is the culprit I think. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played Tachyon since 2000 off a demo from delta force and loved it so much I bought the game. I play it through about 4 times a year from both the Bora and Galspan perspectives. Now for some reason while playing, half of the orien ship is missing and objects keep disappearing and reappearing . Wierd. I never had this problem before. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice-still no help. I went into dxdiag and did the test 3d and version 7.0 and 8.0 showed up with the spinning cube showing up well and full screen then i tested 9.0 and it was windowed small and had other windows to the right of it and they were flickering and looked terrible. The only thing i can think of different is the update to 9.0 c. Help please. A loyal fan of Tachyon.
PS I really don't want to wipe and reformat my computer.
Its a hp 1.2 gig 384 meg ram geforce 2, 64 bit video
HEEELLPPP Please :cool:

You can try looking for a patch for the game. It may or may not exist. Also there are programs that *claim* to remove DirectX. I've never tried them, but a quick google or download.com search should reveal them. One was even linked to in a thread that I read earlier on today in this forum. A video card driver update would also probably be in order. If your running older drivers and DX 9.0c a driver issue could be in play there if they were made before DX
9.0c was released. Not probable, but not impossible. Good luck.

-A-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back