TechSpot

Direct X Problems when starting game.

By RiKeN
Sep 12, 2004
  1. I just installed The Simes 2 and when I boot it a message reads "failed to inititialize direct 3d please make sure you have 9.0c installed".
    I have installed the newest D3d and video drivers recently.I also uninstalled and reinstalled my nvidia drivers.

i went into dxdiag and it says "The file qasf.dll is an old version, which could cause problems. You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.

When I reinstall direct X it doesnt seem as if its installing anything. It just says complete and says its done.

And also at the start of dxdiag it states this "DxDiag Previously: Crashed in DirectShow (stage 1).

Thanx hopefuly u guys can toss me in the rigth direction.

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

Have you tried uninstalling DirectX (with DirectX 9 uninstaller, for example) ?

Also, you seem to have two graphics cards in your profile, have they caused this kind of problems before?

3. Joe Koolio

Joe Koolio TS Rookie

you must have you windows cd to uninstall it because win xp usees
    dx and will not be stable enough and you will have to reboot the system

4. Joe Koolio

Joe Koolio TS Rookie

and most people get ripped off by radio shack because they keep your cd so they can get paid to fix everything
    i busted them trying to send a blank cd home with me in th xp envelope

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.