Directshow player problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
my first ever forum thread...this will be a doozy for ya all....
After tweaking my windows installation cd to include updated drivers and other applications i like to have installed on first use... i also ensured thru the use of a helpful program that Internet Explorer and WMP WOULD not be installed (i have a fear that these programs are actuall spyware:mad: )...The format and installation went great guns...No IE or WMP..but now if i want to listen to a web radio thru Netscape that error message (npdsplay.dll: cannot creat directshow player) ravages my screen..
I have downloaded and copied the dll along with 2 other dll`s that i have been informed are needed for this .. and i have copied them to 5 different directories including sitting on my desktop (netscape plugins, windows, windows system, windows system32) Thats 4. the 5th i created c:\program files\windows media player and copied them to there also.

What am i missing or where does Netscape look for these files that i have missed?

npdsplay is the WMP plugin. If you have no WMP installed, then that plugin can not work.

You may want to install some other media player that comes with browser plugins. (Real or Quicktime.. *shudder*, VLC, MPlayer)

well.. i have installed Real (yuk) and Quicktime (yuk) and they are both uninstalled now..i have VLC running.. and i found a new one called GOM which is great but still didnt fix the problem..
Now for the weird part... when i goto instal any version of WMP it now tells me this program will not run on this version of windows .... which by the way is perfect if u dont want IE or WMP to ever be installed on ur computer by young fingers :D
my version of windows is XP SP2 ...a work around this will come to me i hope .. i was hoping others might know of such a scenario

You have to copy the VLC plugin manually to your browser's plugin folder. Also, since the npdsplay plugin cannot work, you should remove it from your plugins folder.

Did you try installing Windows Media Player Classic too?

Thankyou kind Nodsu... i shall endeavour to work out how to put VLC into Netscape8 plugin directory...and i`ll ensure to report back :D

I'm not sure if it is possible... personally i think that VLC is complete... standalone. No plugins needed ..if you have ever tried going into settings.... there are thousands, and they can be tweaked to sort your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back