Directsound driver error

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was messing around with add/remove programs one day and saw something along the lines of "directsound driver" and clicked "remove." i know that wasn't a very smart thing to do and all, but now i need help. i don't have any sound and get the "bad directsound driver" error when i try to play anything.

any help, please?

jamandbread said:
i was messing around with add/remove programs one day and saw something along the lines of "directsound driver" and clicked "remove." i know that wasn't a very smart thing to do and all, but now i need help. i don't have any sound and get the "bad directsound driver" error when i try to play anything.

any help, please?

You should have some restore points on your puter. I would restore back to an earlier date. That should fix your problem. What OS are you using?
If you don't have re store points in your puter I suggest you start doing that.
If using Win XP try this.

Go to Start
All Programs
Accessories
System Tools
System Restore
Then click on the, Restore my computer to an earlier time.

Let me know if this works for you.
Good luck.

i fixed it, but thank you anyways! i finally found the disc that came with my motherboard stuff and just reinstalled it. sorry, and thanks again!

jamandbread said:
i fixed it, but thank you anyways! i finally found the disc that came with my motherboard stuff and just reinstalled it. sorry, and thanks again!

Glad to hear it. Just remember about the re store points and next time you can just re store it instead of looking for your disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back